NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Our little tax deduction has finally arrived!!!


Mallory Marie Byrd entered this world on December 30, 2007 at 8:24pm at the Northern Louisiana Medical Hospital. Mommy and Daddy are doing wonderful.

If you ask me, I would be quick to say that her labor didn't last too long and wasn't that bad. Jennifer might tell you otherwise. She started having her first contractions at 10:00pm Saturday night. She didn't even wake me up to tell me because she wasn't really sure how serious they were or even if they were real contractions at all. When I woke up Sunday morning, she told me all about them and we became very excited together. The contractions started fading for a while but eventually got worse. So after laboring at the house for a little while longer with the contractions getting worse, we decided to visit the hospital to see how far along she was. We arrived at the hospital around 3:45 Sunday afternoon. After the check-up, they decided to keep us there. And 4 hours later, Mallory was born. Jennifer was a trooper and I was so proud of her. We went into this hoping to have a natural child birth (no drugs!) but knowing the epidural was on stand-by. Everything went as we had planned and Jennifer accepted no drugs. Here are some pictures from the proud father with many more to come.





5 comments:

Courtnie & Derek said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! And looks a lot like her daddy....hehe. I'm majorly impressed with the no drug thing....Congrats!

David Mansel Gaines said...

She is beautiful. Even if she does look like her Daddy. =o)

Ashley said...

Well, miss Mallory is definitely a BYRD...female version of her daddy! She is just precious, and the two of you will be awesome parents...congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, no drugs! I'm so proud!

Anonymous said...

Although JByrd is a small lady she is full of the Lord's Power! i.e.) the no drugs..... My mom would of loved them but she couldn't have them.

All my love,